1/4 Photos of Lean Shepherd's Pie
Mustang Sally 54269's Note:
I've tried several Shepherd Pie recipes but I keep coming back to this one. This is one of the few that calls for cream corn & worcestershire to add a different twist to the recipe. Adapted from 'Cooking for the Rushed' cookbook. The original recipe uses instant mashed potatoes but I prefer to use regular ones.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2In a large fry pan, brown meat until it is no longer pink.
- 3Add ketchup, worcestershire sauce & seasoning to cooking meat. Stir well.
- 4Pour meat mixture into a large rectangular pan.
- 5Rinse frozen corn & spread it evenly over the meat mixture.
- 6Spread the creamed corn next.
- 7Top casserole with mashed potatoes and sprinkle with paprika.
- 8Bake uncovered for 40 minutes. If you like the top abit crunchy, broil a few minutes before removing from the oven.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lean Shepherd's Pie
Serving Size: 1 (295 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 516.8
- Calories from Fat 215
- Total Fat 23.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 104.9 mg
- Sodium 956.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 32.6 g