Recipe by mommy2taylor
Kid-friendly dinner. You can add any other toppings your family enjoys ... black olives, mushrooms , etc. Tip: Heat up an extra jar of sauce to serve on the side.
- 1 (16 ounce) package penne pasta
- 1 lb lean ground beef or 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped
- 1 small bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) pizza sauce
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- turkey pepperoni
- 1⁄2 cup shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Cook ground beef, onion and pepper in a large saucepan over medium heat 5 to 10 minutes until beef is browned and vegetables are tender.
- Stir in pizza sauce, tomatoes and pepper, stirring well; simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in cooked pasta.
- Place mixture in a lightly greased 13-x 9-inch baking dish. Top with turkey pepperoni and bake at 350°F for 20 to 30 minutes or until heated thoroughly. Top with mozzarella cheese and bake 5 more minutes.