Recipe by prattandpratt
I love chicken fried steak, but my diet didn't actually cater to it. I found this recipe on weight watchers - it's a pretty good replacement. If doing WW, its 4 points per serving.
Top Review by Ultimate Food Junkie
Just put this recipe through the recipe builder on WW.com. It came out to 8 points per serving. The only change I had to make to the recipe was saying it was low fat buttermilk, as the recipebuilder didn't bring up fat free. The 1/2 C low fat buttermilk only added 1 point to the recipe anyway. Still might try it as long as I can make some 0 or low point sides!
- 4 lean cube steaks
- 118.29 ml fat-free buttermilk
- 236.59 ml flour (reserve 1 Tablespoon)
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 29.58 ml oil
- 473.18 ml skim milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Dip steaks in buttermilk. Combine flour, salt, and steak seasoning (remember to keep 1 tablespoon set aside). Dip steaks in flour mixture.
- Set steaks on wax paper, let set for 20 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoons oil in skillet, add steaks, cook until both sides are golden brown. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Combine milk and reserved TBSP of flour in bowl until well mixed.
- Stirring constantly, add milk mixture to skillet. Once added, bring mixture to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer until gravy thickens.
- Serve over steaks.