I love chicken fried steak, but my diet didn't actually cater to it. I found this recipe on weight watchers - it's a pretty good replacement. If doing WW, its 4 points per serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dip steaks in buttermilk. Combine flour, salt, and steak seasoning (remember to keep 1 tablespoon set aside). Dip steaks in flour mixture.
- 2Set steaks on wax paper, let set for 20 minutes.
- 3Heat 1 tablespoons oil in skillet, add steaks, cook until both sides are golden brown. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- 4Combine milk and reserved TBSP of flour in bowl until well mixed.
- 5Stirring constantly, add milk mixture to skillet. Once added, bring mixture to a boil.
- 6Lower heat and simmer until gravy thickens.
- 7Serve over steaks.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lean/Low Fat Chicken Fried Steak (Weight Watchers - 4)
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 224.2
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 2.4 mg
- Sodium 654.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 8.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning