Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I love chicken fried steak, but my diet didn't actually cater to it. I found this recipe on weight watchers - it's a pretty good replacement. If doing WW, its 4 points per serving.
- Dip steaks in buttermilk. Combine flour, salt, and steak seasoning (remember to keep 1 tablespoon set aside). Dip steaks in flour mixture.
- Set steaks on wax paper, let set for 20 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoons oil in skillet, add steaks, cook until both sides are golden brown. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Combine milk and reserved TBSP of flour in bowl until well mixed.
- Stirring constantly, add milk mixture to skillet. Once added, bring mixture to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer until gravy thickens.
- Serve over steaks.