Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A lean low calorie take on my regular Breakfast Strata. Must chill at least 8 hours or overnight.
- 226.79 g turkey sausage
- 473.18 ml frozen egg substitute, thawed
- 236.59 ml skim milk
- 118.29 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 2.46 ml dry mustard
- 1.23 ml rubbed sage
- 0.25 ml salt
- 0.25 ml ground red pepper
- 59.14 ml chopped green onion
- 6 slice white bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- Cook sausage until browned,crumble into small chunks.
- Combine egg substitute & next 6 ingredients, mix with wire whisk well.
- Stir in sausage, green onion & bread cubes. Pour mixture into a 11x7x1 1/2inch deep baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Cover & chill at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Bake uncovered at 350* for 45 minutes or until set & lightly browned.
- Cut into squares & serve with sliced tomato on top of squares.
5 stars PLUS .... healthy and tasty! I subbed yellow onions for green and doubled this recipe but otherwise followed exactly. This is such a keeper for us it is going right in the Faves book. Thank you DoryJean !