Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A lean low calorie take on my regular Breakfast Strata. Must chill at least 8 hours or overnight.
- 8 ounces turkey sausage
- 2 cups frozen egg substitute, thawed
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash ground red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 6 slices white bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- Cook sausage until browned,crumble into small chunks.
- Combine egg substitute & next 6 ingredients, mix with wire whisk well.
- Stir in sausage, green onion & bread cubes. Pour mixture into a 11x7x1 1/2inch deep baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Cover & chill at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Bake uncovered at 350* for 45 minutes or until set & lightly browned.
- Cut into squares & serve with sliced tomato on top of squares.
5 stars PLUS .... healthy and tasty! I subbed yellow onions for green and doubled this recipe but otherwise followed exactly. This is such a keeper for us it is going right in the Faves book. Thank you DoryJean !