Recipe by djafishfria
I wanted to try to make my own version of a hot pocket that was healthier and vegetarian (although you could easily add chicken). I'm going to freeze these and reheat for lunch during the school year. Change ingredients to suit your tastes. Cooking time includes 30 min for dough to rise.
- 236.59 ml whole wheat flour
- 118.29 ml wheat bran
- 473.18 ml bread flour
- 14.79 ml yeast
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml water
- 2.46 ml salt
- 29.58 ml skim milk
- 283.49 g cream of broccoli soup
- 118.29 ml green pepper, chopped
- 59.14 ml onion, chopped
- 118.29 ml carrot, chopped
- 118.29 ml frozen chopped spinach
- 59.14 ml mushroom, chopped
- 4.92 ml garlic
- 2.46 ml pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- For crust:.
- Combine the flours, yeast, sugar and salt.
- Heat the water to about 110*F.
- Mix the water and milk into the flour and kneed for 5 minutes.
- Let rise for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together the cream of broccoli with veggies and chicken(if wanted).
- Preheat oven to 375*.
- Divide dough into six pieces
- Roll out dough so that it is large enough to hold 1/2c. filling, but not so thin that it tears.
- Put filling on dough and fold up edges.
- Pierce pockets with a knife to allow steam to escape.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Let cool, then serve or put in bags to re-freeze.
- Microwave for 1 1/2- 2 minutes.