Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Lean meat and an array of flavors make this sauce a hit!
Make and share this Lean and Mean Spaghetti Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground sirloin (add or subtract amt. meat to your preference)
- 1 -2 teaspoon garlic salt, to taste
- 1 cup vegetables, of your choice
- 1 (10 ounce) jar garden vegetable spaghetti sauce (any brand, I like Bertolli)
- 1⁄8 cup sugar
- 3 -4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- fresh basil or fresh rosemary or fresh savory, etc
- Brown meat in skillet
- Add garlic salt while browning.
- Drain all grease from pan.
- On low-med, add fresh sm. cut veggies of your choice (gr. peppers, onions, fresh tomatoes, fresh garlic, etc.).
- pour sauce, sugar and vinegar in skillet.
- Stir and Simmer on low together for 10 minute.
- Add fresh basil, rosemary and savory to taste.
- Simmer until ready to eat.
- Serve over Angel hair with garlic bread!