Recipe by Sharon123
Inspired by the world-famous spicy wings, this one's much easier and lower in fat. Drizzle on blue cheese dressing to complete the dish. Enjoy!
Top Review by Shelby Jo
Fantastic! I left out the cucumber but think that would be the perfect addition to this salad. I will definitely have one next time around. I also used a light ranch dressing since my husband and I aren't too fond of blue cheese. We both really enjoyed this salad...it's a good way to get my husband to eat a little healthier! Thanks so much for posting. Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders Tag.
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut in 1 inch strips
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons cayenne pepper sauce
- 1 seedless cucumber, quartered lengthwise,cut in chunks
- 8 cups loosely packed mixed salad greens
- 1 large carrot, cut in strips with peeler
- 1⁄2 cup sliced celery
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese dressing
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 475*.
- Line jelly-roll pan with foil; coat with cooking spray.
- Mix flour, garlic powder, paprika, and salt in zip-top bag.
- Add chicken; shake to coat.
- Place chicken on pan; coat with cooking spray.
- Bake 10 minutes, turning once, or until cooked through.
- Remove to bowl, add pepper sauce and toss to coat.
- Let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile toss remaining ingredients except dressing in large bowl.
- Add chicken; toss.
- Serve dressing on the side.
- Serves 4.
- Note: The hot sauce in this recipe should be of the milder variety.
- If what you've got is super-hot, use less.