Recipe by ohbother
An attempt to create a Lean and Green Gazpacho recipe for my MediFast diet plan, this recipe is scaled for three vegetable servings in the Green portion of the meal. "Cooking time" includes the 2 hours of chilling time for the flavors to meld a bit.
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1⁄2 cup tomato puree
- 1⁄8 cup chili pepper, seeded and diced (Anaheim or Serrano)
- 1⁄4 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1⁄8 cup onion, peeled and diced (red or green)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic (finely chopped or minced)
- 1 tablespoon vinegar, red wine
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce (more or less to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend.
- Pour into a container with a lid and store in the refrigerator for at least two hours to allow flavors to meld.
- Serve very cold. A small dollop of fat-free sour cream is a nice touch if your diet allows it.