Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a recipe I created about a year ago, I wanted to find an cheap and simple way to make good salsa. It is very close to what we get in Mexican restaurants all over south Texas especially San Antonio. I use a mixture of canned and fresh tomatoes which makes it keep longer- about 4-5 days in the fridge.
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, chopped seeds and all
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- Place chopped jalapeno, roma tomatoes, and garlic cloves in blender and blend for about ten seconds on med. speed, it should be a little chunky.
- Next add entire can of whole tomatoes; blend until relatively smooth.
- Add salt and stir together. Enjoy!
This is a great recipe for when you don`t have fresh tomatoes and to make it quick last minute. Cilantro is a really yummy addition. which wakes up the flavor. Part of my Menu #28319. made for WT 5. Thanks! Gracias! :)