Recipe by txkimmers
NOTE on prep time for this: The time listed does NOT include marinating time for the beef! For that, plan 4 hours-overnight This marinade creates a nice crust on the flank steak when grilled. It's got a bit of sweetness to it from the chutney, so balance it out with your accompaniments. Note on ingredients: any soy sauce is fine, but I am partial to Pearl River Bridge Superior Dark.
- 1 lb beef flank steak
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle Major Grey chutney
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients after the first one in a glass baking dish.
- Put flank steak in and cover well with marinade.
- Let marinate in refrigerator for 4 hours-overnight, turning occasionally.
- When ready to cook, grill to taste.
- Serve sliced across the grain.