Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This recipe was given to me by a cousin. She makes it at every Thanksgiving and Christmas family gathering. It's a huge hit and so easy to make.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup crushed pecans
- 1⁄4 cup pecan pieces
- 3⁄4 cup melted butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups Cool Whip
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) boxes instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3 cups cold milk
- Bottom Layer (Crust): Combine flour, crushed pecans and melted butter. Press into bottom of 9x13 inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- Middle Layer: Beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Gently stir in 1 cup of the whipped topping; spread over cooled crust.
- Top Layer: Combine milk and instant pudding in large bowl. Beat with wire whisk 2 minutes or until well blended. Spoon over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate until set.
- Spread remaining Cool Whip on top and sprinkle with pecan pieces just before serving. Refrigerate left overs. May substitute chocolate pudding with lemon pudding.