curly lettuce leaves to catch the dressing, crispy, crunchy apple slices, rich, salty parmesan cheese. This is a salad that ROCKS!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 small radicchio, leaves separated and torn into small pieces
- 2 heads Belgian endive, leaves separated and torn into small pieces
- 1 small frisee, tough stems removed and torn into small pieces
- 1 bunch rocket, torn into small pieces (or roka)
- 1 tart green apple, such as granny smith,peel left on,thinly sliced
- 1 sweet red apple, such as fuji,peel left on,thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup walnut halves, toasted
- 2 cups parmesan cheese, curls (or more)
- 1Have previously washed your lettuces and spun dry, or put in a large, clean pillow case and swung over your head for a few seconds (this really works! The centrifugal force gets the water off the leaves and the pillow case absorbs it- don't let anyone see you doing this- they'll think you're insane).
- 2Whisk together the dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- 3Combine the lettuces in a large bowl and toss well.
- 4Add the apples and nuts and drizzle with the dressing.
- 5Toss again.
- 6Using a vegetable peeler or sharp paring knife, shave curls off if a wedge of parmesan over the top (be generous!).
- 7Serve at once as the lettuce will start to wilt with time.
Browse Our Top Lettuces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lettuces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Leafy Salad with Crisp Apple Slices and Parmesan Cheese Curls
Serving Size: 1 (310 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 442.2
- Calories from Fat 329
- Total Fat 36.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 29.3 mg
- Sodium 548.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 16.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: