Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salad goes quickly at picnics and potlucks. We have it at almost every holiday. With the mix of leafy veggies it is colorful and healthy.
- 3 cups iceberg lettuce
- 2 cups green cabbage
- 2 cups red cabbage
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 cup mayonnaise or 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (I use sea salt)
- i use a small can of drained mandarin oranges to the dressing. also great are using nuts such as almonds (real) or walnuts. we also like bacon bits (real)
- Wash and tear up lettuce into bite size and put in large bowl.
- Wash and chop into bite size, both red and green cabbage and add to lettuce.
- Wash and tear spinach into bite size chunks and add to lettuce, cabbage mixture.
- Toss and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Mix in a bowl mayo and honey.
- Add salt and pepper.
- When ready add dressing to salad and serve.
Very nice simple salad. I did add a 1/4 cup rice wine vinigar to thin out the dressing some and add some zing. Turned out awesome. Tee