Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I tried this recipe which posted in request of Connie Lea and Zurie and its flavor with the whipping cream and apple cider vinegar is excellent. Hope you enjoy it, too.
- 1 leaf lettuce, washed and dried
- 2 green onions, including tops, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream (or use half and half cream)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Tear lettuce leaves into bite-size pieces to make about 4 cups and add green onions slices.
- In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients and refrigerate.
- Just before serving, pour dressing over lettuce and toss, or serve on the side if you prefer. Refrigerate leftovers.
- FOR VARIATION: you can also make the dressing for this salad, mixing 1/4 cup buttermilk, 1 or 2 tablespoons salad dressing or mayo and 1 or 2 tablespoons sugar, (according to your taste), 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper, and serve with 6 cups torn leaf lettuce washed and dried. Refrigerate leftovers.
My mom made this all the time - it's a really cool and refreshing salad!