Recipe by MarieRynr
This recipe is perfect for those first tender lettuces you harvest from your garden. The dressing is delicious actually and goes well with just about any lettuce. We have it all year round with baby gems tossed with a few spring onions.
Top Review by CountryLady
A nice light salad .... a good starter to a dinner party! I served the dressing on the side as my hubby doesn't like the flavour of tarragon; however, I do - so I just make a small amount for myself. Thanx Marie!
- 2 bunches leaf lettuce
- 1 bunch green onion, finely chopped
- 3 hardboiled egg, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons white wine or 2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 2 -3 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- chopped chives (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Gently wash and dry lettuce. Place in a salad bowl or on individual plates, then top with onions and eggs.
- Combine the remaining ingredients with a whisk, adjusting sugar to tartness of vinegar.
- Whip until quite foamy then pour over salad. Sprinkle with chives.