Recipe by children from A to Z
I know this sounds weird. This is from a family cookbook and the recipe was submitted by my husbands grandmother. This is a quick bread. Try it! Note: this recipe is for red or green leaf lettuce, I put in leaf lettuce but the computer changes it to leaves.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon mace
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 cup lettuce leaf, finely chopped (lightly packed)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the dry ingredients together in a small bowl.
- In a medium bowl combine the oil, sugar, eggs, and lemon peel.
- Mix until well blended.
- Add the flour mixture and mix until smooth.
- Stir in the lettuce and nuts.
- Pour into a greased and floured loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 for 50-55 minute or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.