1/1 Photo of Lead Me Not Into Temptation or Crème De Menthe Poof
San Marcos Sunshine's Note:
Preparation for my annual Easter Gala was in full swing, and I was hopelessly behind schedule. Finishing up the desserts, my housekeeper Teresa was licking the beaters with a silly smile. Knowing she doesn’t imbibe, I reminded her the “green stuff” was a liqueur. Running out of time, I asked if she could just stay another hour to help, I’d fork over a bonus and she could take home the extra food. She rolled her eyes and said, “I’d do ANYTHING for more of that Green Fluff.” Easter Brunch 2005 was a roaring success, and Teresa’s Temptation & Fall From Grace is permanent addition to our Favorite Things. It’s simple, very pretty and not too sweet. Now, who wouldn’t like that? Enjoy it for Easter or St. Pats!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soften gelatin by sprinkling over 1/4 cup cold water. Let stand 1 minute. Add 1/2 cup boiling water and stir until gelatin is completely dissolved,.
- 2Add sugar, salt, lemon juice, Crème de Menthe and stir well.
- 3Cool in refrigerator until syrupy.
- 4Beat the cream and fold into the syrupy mixture.
- 5(Save a small amount of cream for top decoration.).
- 6Turn into a soufflé dish or a pretty clear glass bowl and chill until ready to serve.
- 7Garnish the top with fresh strawberries, raspberries, mint leaves or shaved chocolate and the reserved whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lead Me Not Into Temptation or Crème De Menthe Poof
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 345.0
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.7 g
- Cholesterol 81.5 mg
- Sodium 62.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 25.9 g
- Protein 2.0 g