Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A great marinade for steaks.
- 2⁄3 cup Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil or 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄4 cups finely chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 beef t-bone steaks (of your choice) or 2 porterhouse steaks (of your choice) or 2 sirloin steaks (of your choice)
- Combine all ingredients except steak. In large, shallow non-aluminum baking dish or plastic bag, pour 3/4 Celsius marinade over steaks; turn to coat. Marinate in refrigerator at least 30 minutes. Refrigerate unused marinade. Remove steaks. Grill or broil, to preferred doneness, brushing frequently with the reserved marinade.
This is a fast, easy marinade...perfect for OMAC. I like worcestershire sauce and I love pepper, so this was a very easy combination for us to enjoy. I make up my own garlic/onion black pepper mix which I used...and probably used up to 1 T of pepper. I agree with bobo3039 that the vinegar was a tad overpowering, so scale back to 2T then try the marinade and add more if necessary. Regardless, this is still a wonderful marinade
This was very good! The taste of vinegar was somewhat overpowering to me so I think I would omit it altogether or decrease the amount by at least half. (Or perhaps just marinate for less than the 4 hrs I did.) However, my steak was very tender, juicy and flavorful. Thanks for sharing the recipe.