1/2 Photos of Le Tian
1 hr 15 mins
This vegetable specialty takes its name from the glazed earthenware dish in which it is traditionally baked. Lovely presentation and great taste! This recipe came from Country Living magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cloves garlic, halved lengthwise
- 3 small eggplants, sliced crosswise into 1/4 inch thick rounds (about 2 pounds)
- 4 medium onions, sliced into 1/4 inch rounds (about 1 3/4 pounds)
- 6 medium tomatoes, sliced crosswise into 1/4 inch rounds (about 2 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) package mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- fresh thyme sprig (optional)
- 1Heat oven to 400*F.
- 2LIghtly oil 12x9" oval baking dish.
- 3In bottom of baking dish, scatter garlic halves.
- 4Starting at one side of dish, create 3 lengthwise rows of vegetables, alternating slices of eggplant, onion, and tomato, that are standing on edge, until dish is full.
- 5Brush vegetables with 2 tbls.
- 6olive oil and sprinkle with the salt.
- 7Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until eggplant is very tender.
- 8Carefully remove baking dish from oven and randomly insert cheese slices into vegetable rows.
- 9Brush with remaining 1 tbls.
- 10oil and sprinkle with thyme leaves.
- 11Return baking dish to oven and bake 12 to 15 minutes or until cheese melts.
- 12Cool at least 10 minutes before serving.
- 13top with thyme sprigs, if desired.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Le Tian
Serving Size: 1 (389 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 221.8
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 22.4 mg
- Sodium 262.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.1 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 9.9 g