Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
From: http://theblackoven.blogspot.com/ In a perfect world everything would be as stark and void of color as these cupcakes. They are baneful in their absolute disdain for your tastelessness, and are true misanthropes as far as baked goods go.
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups cold water
Cream cheese sea of woe
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened!!!!!)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl sift together: flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt.
- Add: Oil, vanilla, vinegar, cold water.
- Stir gently until just combined. Too much friction annihilates the bubbles!
- In a small bowl stir together until creamy:.
- Softened cream cheese, sugar, and egg. Add as many chocolate chips as you can stand.
- Fill cupcake tins about half full of cake batter, and drop cream cheese mixture by the spoonful into each one.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into cakey part comes out clean.
- Let cool, and decorate with a splattering of melted chocolate.
These little cakes are fabulous! I made some with the cream cheese center and some without. This recipe makes a great chocolate cupcake! I personally think if you put the center, only put a little! Thanks for sharing!!!!
These were easy and fun to make and delicious. I took them to school and fed them to my minions, who were skeptical at first, which is always fun. Made for PickAChef Fall 08.