2 hrs 55 mins
2 hrs 10 mins
(Authentic Sicilian Lasagna Supreme) This is a very old lasagna recipe handed down through many generations, and was given to me by an older Sicilian woman. It takes a while to make, but is it ever worth the wait.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lasagna noodle
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons basil
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup black olives, sliced
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, cut up
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 (15 ounce) containers ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 lbs mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 cups asiago cheese, grated
- 2 cups parmesan cheese, grated
- 1Prepare the lasagna noodles according to package directions.
- 2Drain and set aside.
- 3Cook the ground beef and sausage.
- 4Drain off the grease.
- 5Add the onion, garlic and mushrooms to the meat/sausage mixture.
- 6Saute until onion is tender.
- 7Add the sugar, salt, basil, fennel seed, pepper, tomatoes and tomato paste. Blend well. Simmer for 1 hour.
- 8Combine the eggs, ricotta cheese, parsley and salt. Blend well.
- 9In the bottom of a very large baking pan, spread just enough of the meat mixture to cover the bottom.
- 10Layer lasagna noodles, meat sauce, black olives, ricotta cheese mixture, mozzarella cheese, asiago cheese and parmesan cheese.
- 11Repeat layering making sure to end with the parmesan cheese.
- 12Cover with foil.
- 13Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes.
- 14Remove the foil and bake for 25 additional minutes.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Le Lasagne Autentiche Siciliane Supreme
Serving Size: 1 (287 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 854.8
- Calories from Fat 451
- Total Fat 50.2 g
- Saturated Fat 25.3 g
- Cholesterol 194.5 mg
- Sodium 2390.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 54.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: