Recipe by Chef Kate
Another fabulous little pasta from the famous restaurant of Sirio Maccione. This is all about fresh quality ingredients, and is ridiculously simple to make.
Top Review by Rita~
So good. I didn't par boil the asparagus, just added to the tomato mixture in the skillet. I did add some of the pasta water after the pasta was added to the sauce and topped with additional olive oil. Thanks Chef Kate.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs asparagus, trimmed and cut on the diagonal into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, finely choppped
- 2 lbs tomatoes, peeled and coarsely chopped (about 4 cups)
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, trimmed and cut on the diagonal into 1/2-inch pieces (about one bunch)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 lb linguine
- 1 cup basil, coarsely chopped (only fresh will do)
- 1⁄4 parmigiano-reggiano cheese, freshly grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Put asparagus in a pot of cold salted water, bring to a boil, drain and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add garlic, tomatoes, scallions, pepper flakes and salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add Asparagus and cook one minute to warm.
- Meanwhile, cook linguini in boiling salted water until al dente and drain.
- Toss pasta into the sauce and sprinkle with the basil.
- Serve immediately with the Parmigiano.