1/3 Photos of Le Cirque's Fettuccine With Green Beans and Basil
Chef Kate's Note:
This is so simple and so perfect--a lovely marriage of fresh vegetables and herbs, with al dente pasta, lightly accented with butter and parmigiano. It's thanks to the artistry of Sirio Maccione of Le Cirque.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring a good sized pot of salted water to a boil and add the green beans and cook, perhaps as much as five minutes, but you must check--the beans should be tender but still crisp.
- 2Drain and set aside.
- 3Place basil, garlic, parmigiano and olive oil in a food processor or blender and puree until smooth -- you should have about 3/4 of a cup of the mixture.
- 4Meanwhile, cook the fettucine in boiling salted water until al dente, drain the pasta, and reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
- 5Melt one tablespoon of the butter in a large skillet and gently saute the green beans to warm them, seasoning with salt and pepper.
- 6Toss the pasta in with the beans.
- 7Add the basil puree, the pasta water and the remaining butter and stir well.
- 8Taste, adjust seasoning, and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Le Cirque's Fettuccine With Green Beans and Basil
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 599.5
- Calories from Fat 327
- Total Fat 36.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 81.0 mg
- Sodium 116.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 14.3 g