Prep 40 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I love duck and I love creme de cassis but I've never made duck before. This is from a Junior League cookbook called San Francisco Encore. Here for safe keeping.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place ducks in a shallow roasting pan on a rack.
- Roast for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, turning halfway through baking time.
- Melt the butter in a skillet and saute the shallots until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the jelly and creme de cassis and boil until reduced and thickened.
- Cut the ducks into serving pieces and arrance on a platter.
- Stir the cherries into the sauce and heat thoroughly.
- Spoon the sauce over the ducks. Serve immediately with wild rice.