Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I have never made this.It is a requested recipe for a lasagna made without ricotta cheese. It came from an old cookbook of mine from the 70s.
- 6 lasagna noodles
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package Manwich sloppy joe mix
- 1 (1 lb) can diced tomato
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- Brown beef and stir in sloppy joe seasoning mix and tomatoes.
- Cook and drain lasagne noodles per package directions.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Layer noodles in a 1 1/2 quart baking dish with meat and cream cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350°F.
- (I think you could double this recipe quite easily for a bigger family).
What a great way to use manwich sauce I loved the lasagne to next time though I think I'll try cottage cheese.