1/2 Photos of Lazy Woman Spicy Tuna Roll
This recipe was adapted from a poster on another board, Sandi in Hawaii, and we love it. When you are unable to have real sushi, this is a tasty substitution. It is great for a party as everyone can just help themselves. Check out my Lazy Woman California Roll. Don't forget the wasabi!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups short-grain rice or 2 cups sushi rice
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 4 tablespoons sushi vinegar
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces sashimi-grade tuna, raw, chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 bunch green onion, sliced thin
- tobiko (flying fish roe)
- sriracha sauce (optional)
- 1Place raw rice in a colander and rinse until the water runs clear. Put rice in pot or rice cooker with the water. Bring to a boil, then turn down the heat and cover. Cook for about 15 minutes or until rice is done. Put rice in a large non-metallic bowl and add the remaining ingredients and stir until the rice becomes sticky and shiny.
- 2Layer the rice in a pie plate or other serving dish. On top of the rice, place the thinly sliced avocado until rice is covered.
- 3Mix the tuna with the mayonnaise and sriracha chinese hot sauce.
- 4Put the tuna mixture on top of the avocado and spread evenly.
- 5Sprinkle with sliced green onions and chopped cucumber.
- 6Sprinkle tobiko (if using) over the top. For a spicier version squirt some Sriracha Chinese Hot Sauce in a decorate pattern on top of the tuna.
- 7Put out small dipping bowls, wasabi and soy sauce. Place quartered squares of nori for people to roll their own little rolls.
- 8Have people mix a little wasabi with the soy sauce for dipping the rolls inches.
- 9Place quartered squares of nori for people to roll their own little rolls.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lazy Woman Spicy Tuna Roll
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 408.5
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 2.5 mg
- Sodium 468.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 6.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: