Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Great for christmas morning or anytime you have overnight guests. This is wonderful and so easy and looks like you had to do a lot to prepare it, but it is so simple. I did everything the recipe called for except the special k cereal and butter at the end. Definately a keeper and that is why I am posting it. Enjoy!!!!
- 16 slices bread (crusts removed)
- 8 -10 slices bacon or 8 -10 slices ham
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup onion (chopped)
- 1⁄4 green pepper, chopped
- 1 -2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup Special K cereal
- Butter dish.
- Layer with 8 slices of bread on bottom of 9x13 inch pan. Add layers of bacon or ham, cheese, onion and green pepper. Top with remaining bread slices.
- Beat together eggs, dry mustard, salt pepper, worcestershire sauce, milk and tabasco. Pour over bread mixture.
- Cover with Saran Wrap and refrigerateovernight.
- The next morning, cover with special K cereal.
- Melt butter and pour over top.
- Bake, uncovered, for 1 hour at 350 degrees. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Used to make this recipes years ago, then lost it. So happy to have reunited with it. It is very easy and eveyone loved it. Simple and tasty. Thanks for posting.