Prep 20 mins
Cook 24 hrs
Original Recipe from: http://veganicecream.blogspot.com/ To be served with: Cherry Banana Bread and Chocolate Sauce Notes on ingredients: Silk Coffee Creamer is soy creamer. Regular coffee creamer is not. Soy milk yields the best ice cream, coconut milk is a very close second. Rice milk requires a little more patience.
- 2 cups soy coffee creamer (or any non-dairy milk)
- 2 cups soymilk (or any non-dairy milk)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot or 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (No imitation stuff)
- Mix ¼ cup of soy milk with the 2 tablespoons of arrowroot or cornstarch and set aside.
- Mix the soy creamer, soy milk, and sugar together in a saucepan. When the mixture has just started to boil, take off the heat and stir in the arrowroot slurry. This should immediately cause the liquid to thicken (not a lot, but a noticeable amount; it will be thicker when it cools).
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Set the ice cream mixture aside to cool. Freeze according to your ice cream maker’s instructions.
Got together with a couple of friends of mine who're really into using their ice cream maker, & followed your recipe right on down! We all thought this was a great tasting frozen dessert, not quite like the real thing, but close enough that we were unconcerned! And topped with a homemade cranberry-applesauce mix, we were thoroughly satisfied! Many thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this fall's round of Pick A Chef]