Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe came from a group of ideas and its nice to just put it in the oven before everyone else gets up,,, start the coffee and sit on the deck while it bakes, enjoy the sun and a quiet morning.
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup shortening or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chopped apple
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- combine streusel mixture and set aside.
- Cream sugar and shortening.
- Add egg and beat until smooth.
- Combine dry ingredients and set aside.
- Add milk and dry ingredients alternately to creamed egg mixture
- Do not overbeat just mix until all ingredients are combined.
- Grease and flour 8 x 8 pan.
- Pour half of the batter into the pan.
- Sprinkle half the streusel mixture over the batter.
- Add the remaining batter on top of the streusel mixture.
- Sprinkle the remaining streusel mixture over the top of the batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes - do not over bake.