Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
I got this recipe from my mother-in-law and I LOVE IT!
- 2 -4 lbs chuck roast
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) packages Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1 (32 ounce) bag baby carrots
- 6 potatoes (peeled and quartered)
- 2 onions (quartered)
- 1 cup water
- celery salt (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix 1 pkg. of dry onion soup mix, celery salt (to taste) and 1 cup of water. Add mixture to pan and add chuck roast!
- Next add vegetables around roast. Additional water maybe needed.
- After adding vegetables add another package of dry onion soup mix. Spread evenly on top without stirring. Then place in oven!
- Gravy: After roast is done use the sauce that's in the bottom of the pan for gravy. Place it in a pan. Turn the stove to med-high. Then keep adding flour till gravy becomes the right consistancy.
Very good pot roast recipe. A simple, yet delicious meal. I used a 7-bone chuck roast and it came out very tender and flavorful. Thanks for posting the recipe