Recipe by Bluenoser
Put this on before you go to church for a quick lunch.
Top Review by Vyxie's Kitchen
This was really good! My very picky 19 month old ate it too! I pretty much followed the recipe, the only things I changed were adding in more peas (cause my son loves peas) and leaving out some of the onion( because my onion was very strong). I used chicken thighs with the skins on, but would probably use skinless next time just because it felt a little greasy. In my opinion, it could use more sauce, so maybe another can of cream of whatever soup (I used chicken) and I think adding some carrots would make it even more tasty. We had this with rice. Nest time I will serve it with some homemade biscuits and possibly some sweet potato. I will certainly make it again and double it! It was so easy and fast. Gotta love that for a Sunday!
- 4 chicken pieces (preferably thighs or breasts)
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (or cream of chicken soup)
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 cup peas
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken pieces in crock pot.
- Mix soup with water and add to crock pot.
- Add sliced onion.
- Mix spices and sprinkle on top of chicken.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 3-4 hours.
- Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Add peas to crock pot
- Mix flour with equal parts of water stirring to a smooth paste and enter into crock pot.
- Cover and cook on HIGH until gravy thickens.
- Serve with baby potatoes or fluffy rice.