Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got this out of a Company's Coming cookbook. It's really easy and feeds quite a few people. I usually add garlic as well
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1⁄2 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 120 g of stove-top prepared stuffing
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- Combine first 8 ingredients in large bowl.
- add prepared stuffing mix, stir.
- add ground beef, mix until well blended.
- Press into greased 2 qt casserole dish.
- Combine ketchup and mustard, spread on top of beef mixture.
- bake uncovered at 350F for about an hour.
We made this a few weeks ago but I don't think I did the recipe justice enough to rate it fairly. I doubled the recipe because I had some ground pork to use in addition to the ground beef. It did make an immense amount! Unfortunately the pork was freezer-burnt and the flavor came thru to taint the recipe. :(