Adapted from Semi-Homemade Cooking with Sandra Lee, this is easy with yummy results. Put it on in the morning and come home to a soothing, comforting dinner. Crackers or bread and a salad finish off this meal.
- 4 cups cooked chicken, chopped (from a store bought chicken?)
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup carrot, diced
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 4 (14 ounce) cans low sodium chicken broth
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup (with roasted garlic)
- 2 teaspoons fines herbes (chervil, chives, parsley, and tarragon)
- pepper, tp taste
- 2 cups egg noodles, cooked
- Remove skin from the chicken and chop the meat.
- Put the chicken into a slow cooker with the onions, celery, carrots and peas.
- Stir in broth, mushroom soup, and fines herbs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or low for 8 to 9 hours.
- When soup is finished, stir in egg noodles.
- Season to taste and serve. Enjoy!
Wow! This soup is really great! Here is how I put it together. I boiled 4 chicken breast in the chicken broth-using extra broth as I knew some would boil off. Strained the chicken, cut it up and placed it into the crockpot along with the broth, carrots, celery, and onion-no peas for me! I had one can of cream of mushroom and one can of cream of celery. That's what I used. In my experience the type of cream soup has not mattered all that much. After cooking in the crockpot for 3 hours 15 minutes I added the uncooked egg noodles for 45 minutes. Excellent!
I never even considered adding cream of mushroom soup to chicken noodle, but it's great! I made a couple slight alterations: I added a couple cloves of minced garlic to the veggies, sprinkled in a little poultry seasoning, and left out the peas. The first time I made this was the day after Thanksgiving using leftover turkey instead of chicken. Simple and delicious!
Delicious! I did make some changes, one of which was to make this stovetop. I used 3 boneless/skinless chicken breasts that I diced and sauted in butter with the diced carrots. Left out the onion and celery so I seasoned the chicken with onion powder. Also seasoned chicken with poultry seasoning, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Added the chicken broth, covered the pot and simmered the chicken for about 15 minutes. Then I threw in the uncooked egg noodles and the peas and simmered covered for another 15 minutes. Then I stirred in 2 cans of cream of chicken soup and left out the herbes and heated the soup until it was steaming hot. Everyone raved about how delicious this was and it was also easy so we will have this soup often!