Recipe by Sharon123
Adapted from Semi-Homemade Cooking with Sandra Lee, this is easy with yummy results. Put it on in the morning and come home to a soothing, comforting dinner. Crackers or bread and a salad finish off this meal.
Top Review by cgmonster
Wow! This soup is really great! Here is how I put it together. I boiled 4 chicken breast in the chicken broth-using extra broth as I knew some would boil off. Strained the chicken, cut it up and placed it into the crockpot along with the broth, carrots, celery, and onion-no peas for me! I had one can of cream of mushroom and one can of cream of celery. That's what I used. In my experience the type of cream soup has not mattered all that much. After cooking in the crockpot for 3 hours 15 minutes I added the uncooked egg noodles for 45 minutes. Excellent!
- 4 cups cooked chicken, chopped (from a store bought chicken?)
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup carrot, diced
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 4 (14 ounce) cans low sodium chicken broth
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup (with roasted garlic)
- 2 teaspoons fines herbes (chervil, chives, parsley, and tarragon)
- pepper, tp taste
- 2 cups egg noodles, cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove skin from the chicken and chop the meat.
- Put the chicken into a slow cooker with the onions, celery, carrots and peas.
- Stir in broth, mushroom soup, and fines herbs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or low for 8 to 9 hours.
- When soup is finished, stir in egg noodles.
- Season to taste and serve. Enjoy!