Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another freeze it recipe! Very attractive and you can do variations using your imagination. Sprinkle with Parmesan last 5 minutes or sesame seeds etc. This recipe is from Companie's Coming Christmas book (several of my appetizers are from this book with some changes by me). In the original recipe it says to spread the raw sausage meat but I like to half cook it, let it cool then spread in on. crumble it well
- 2 cups biscuit mix
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 cup water
- sausage meat (mild or hot)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cayenne pepper (depending on what type of sausage you choose)
- Stir biscuit mix and onion powder together.
- Add water, mix until it forms a ball.
- Turn out on a lightly floured board and knead 6-8 times.
- Roll out into a rectangle about 15x 18".
- Mash sausage meat and spread over the dough and roll up the dough starting at the long end.
- Slice 3/8"thick and arrange on greased baking sheet about 1" apart in 450F oven for 15 minutes.