Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a quick, easy dinner that I tend to make after a long day at work. (I'm a nurse, after a 12+ hour shift..I just want food.) It is easily adjustable to pretty much any ingredients you happen to have on hand and a great way to get rid of those chicken left-overs. I often use the prepackaged seasoned chicken breasts to make an already easy recipe even easier. You can use whatever frozen veggies you prefer. And if you don't have any ranch seasoning packets you can use any seasoning you already have at home. I've used italian dressing mix, Morton's Nature's Seasoning and even french fry seasoning. Also, if you don't have cornstarch you can use a white sauce recipe instead.
- Bring a medium pot of water to boil and cook pasta per box directions.
- While pasta is cooking, put frozen veggies and water in a skillet bring to a simmer over medium heat and cover.
- In a large microwave bowl whisk together milk and cornstarch until all lumps are dissolved. Microwave 1-2 minutes, paying close attention, milk will bubble and double in size.
- Remove bowl from microwave and stir in ranch seasoning (I use about 1/2 T.) until well combined, set aside.
- When veggies are tender (about 10-12 minutes) add in cooked chicken, and ranch milk sauce. Simmer additional few minutes (long enough to heat chicken).
- Serve over pasta.