Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
The taste of pierogies without all the fuss!
Make and share this Lazy Pierogie Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 15 lasagna noodles
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- pepper, to taste
- garlic salt, to taste
- onion powder, to taste
- 1 cup butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- sour cream
- Cook lasagna noodles and drain.
- Line bottom of 9x13 pan with a single layer of noodles.
- In bowl mix mashed potatoes, cheese, egg, and spices.
- Spread half over noodles.
- Cover with another layer of noodles, then potato mixture.
- Melt butter or margarine in fry pan, saute onion until clear and soft.
- Pour over noodles.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake 30 minutes in 350F oven.
- Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
- Serve with sour cream.
This dish did not remind me of pierogies. The bottom layer of noodles got very chewy. I think it needs something in the bottom of the pan before placing the noodles. Maybe some of the butter mixture. The fat content is a little high for my diet also. I tried reducing the butter and cheese and did not serve with sour cream. It is rather plain this way. Maybe if I used reduced fat sour cream it would help.
this is awesome! I should know I am the sister that brings a bowl with her most the time to cook outs to bring some of sis's food home...hehe. I love pierogies and this is wasier to make for a family.
Very good. But we definitely didn't need 1 cup of butter.