Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
One of my employees made this for a Christmas party a few years back. I loved it and so did everyone else. I got the recipe from her and added some things over the years. No complaints were heard : )
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 2 (4 ounce) cans mushrooms (pieces and stems works fine)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (27 ounce) can sauerkraut (the package kind in the cooler section works well too)
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion
- 1 (16 ounce) package Polish sausage (I like the turkey kind)
- Boil water for pasta.
- While water is boiling add 3 Tablespoons of Butter to a medium sized skillet.
- Dice up one medium sized onion and add to skillet.
- Saute until clear. Add mushrooms after being drained.
- Add Polish Sausage after being sliced.
- Sautee for about 5-7 minutes to heat through.
- Cook pasta according to package.
- Drain noodles.
- Add saurkraut to hot pot and turn heat to medium. Add 2 Tablespoons of Butter while noodles drain.
- Combine the saurkraut and sausage mixture into to pot. Mix around.
- Add noodles and combine thoroughly. Put heat to medium low for 5-7 minutes.
This was tasty and very easy to make. We didn't have any Polish sausage on hand, so we used ground beef instead. I'm sure that changed the flavor a bit from the original recipe, but it was still great! One frustrating thing, though, is that the recipe directions don't say, as of the date I'm reviewing this, when to add the mushroom soup, so I just guessed.