1/4 Photos of Lazy Perogi Casserole
This recipe has cottage cheese and Cheddar cheese. It was a last ditch effort to try and serve a different kind of dinner.Update: 10/28/2008 this definitely needs some extra zing! I suggest you use red pepper flakes, make it a pinch or two - put it in the butter or margarine that you are going to use for the onions.;) Let the flakes cook while butter or margarine is heating up. Then saute the onions! Hopefully, this will help the dish be more pleasing to your palette. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Cook noodles according to package instructions, and then drain.
- 3Put 1/2 the butter or margarine in saute pan and turn on med-high heat and the add onions and saute for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 4Line bottom of 9x13" pan with noodles.
- 5In medium bowl, mix cottage cheese, egg and 1/4 of onions.
- 6Spread over noodles.
- 7Cover with another layer of noodles.
- 8In same bowl, mix Cheddar cheese with potatoes, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, garlic salt, to taste, and 1/4 of onions.
- 9Spread over noodles.
- 10Cover with another layer of noodles.
- 11Then take the remaining onions and mix with Parmesan cheese and use 1/4 cup of the butter (if needed) and melt it all together and then spread it all over the casserole.
- 12Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- 13Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- 14Serve with sour cream and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lazy Perogi Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 722.0
- Calories from Fat 379
- Total Fat 42.2 g
- Saturated Fat 26.0 g
- Cholesterol 148.2 mg
- Sodium 942.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 24.0 g