Recipe by Jeco
I used to spend so much time and money making this pie with fresh peaches. But then I found I got even better results from can peaches. This is my favorite thing to make because everyone loves it. It is fast and easy and even kids can help make this! Enjoy!
- 5 cups canned peaches (in either heavy or light syrup-make sure to buy the sliced peaches)
- 1 Pillsbury ready made pie dough (found with premade cookies or use your own recipe for pie dough)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons salted butter (melted)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Strain and rinse peaches.
- In a large bowl combine peaches, sugar, flour, cinnamon and lemon juice until peaches are well coated.
- In a 9 inch pie pan lined with a unbaked pie crust, pour all contents from bowl. If there is too much liquid, spoon some out. There should be some but it should not be to the very top.
- Place other pie crust layer on top making sure to cut holes for venting or by doing a lattice crust.
- Brush melted butter over the entire pie crust.
- Sprinkle extra cinnamon and sugar on top (optional).
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
- Let sit for 15 minutes before serving. Excellent with a scoop of ice cream.
- Fun tip: If you are making this for a holiday or special occasion, use a special shape cookie cutter (star, heart, pumpkin, etc) and cut shapes from the top layer of the pie crust. Place on top on the pie filling making to overlap and leave open space for pie to vent. Once done, brush melted butter.