Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is quick and easy. Great w/ some ice cream. I haven't made this for quite sometime, and my recipe is torn at the bottom, so I approximated the exact cooking time. If you make this before I do again, please let me know if cook time is accurate.
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 15 ounces canned peaches, drain but RESERVE juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place butter in a 8" glass square pan and microwave until butter is melted; evenly distrubute melted butter on bottom of pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together SR flour, sugar, and milk and evenly pour over melted butter.
- Place peach slices evenly over batter and pour reserved peach juice over peaches.
- Combine cinnamon, nutmeg and brown sugar in a small bowl, and evenly sprinkle on top.
- Bake in 350 degree oven about 30-45 minute or until brown.
My daughter and I thought we'd try this quick dessert since we had everything for it. Unfortunatley, it was a disappointing result. Maybe it would be better with a more tart fruit, but there didn't seem to be any contrast between the fruit and the sweet batter. Just kind of bland somehow. Sorry!
Hi, I tried this recipe for a tag, and it did not turn out for me. Going to try it again soon to see if it will turn out :) The flavor of the peaches was great!
I put this in a deep dish 10 inch pie plate. I cooked for 35 minutes, the middle was not done, so turned the oven to 375* and cooked for another 15 minutes. I did not use all of the peach juice. I wanted the batter to come right to the edge which it did. I used chinese 5 spice and cinnamon. The canned peaches had no sugar added to the juice and it was perfect that way. Tasty with vanilla ice cream. Pretty with dollops of cool whip around the crust when the pie is cool. An 8" square pan would probably take all of the peach juice and perhaps the batter would not puff up as much as in the pie plate but it was pretty and tasty all at the same time. I will make again but revise the cooking temperature for a deep dish pie plate. Thanks for submitting. Very quick to prepare!