Recipe by *Parsley*
This is quick and easy. Great w/ some ice cream. I haven't made this for quite sometime, and my recipe is torn at the bottom, so I approximated the exact cooking time. If you make this before I do again, please let me know if cook time is accurate.
Top Review by Great!full
My daughter and I thought we'd try this quick dessert since we had everything for it. Unfortunatley, it was a disappointing result. Maybe it would be better with a more tart fruit, but there didn't seem to be any contrast between the fruit and the sweet batter. Just kind of bland somehow. Sorry!
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 15 ounces canned peaches, drain but RESERVE juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place butter in a 8" glass square pan and microwave until butter is melted; evenly distrubute melted butter on bottom of pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together SR flour, sugar, and milk and evenly pour over melted butter.
- Place peach slices evenly over batter and pour reserved peach juice over peaches.
- Combine cinnamon, nutmeg and brown sugar in a small bowl, and evenly sprinkle on top.
- Bake in 350 degree oven about 30-45 minute or until brown.