Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Recipe came off a bag of potatoes from back in 1970! Simple to make and tastes like you worked all afternoon!
- 1⁄2 cup diced bacon
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of potato soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 (8 ounce) cans minced clams
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In large saucepan cook and stir bacon and onion until bacon is crisp and onion is tender.
- Stir in soup and milk.
- Heat through, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in clams/juice from clams, lemon juice and pepper.
- Heat thoroughly, serve in soup mugs with slice of lemon and parsley sprig on top.
This is pretty good! I threw it together while my husband tossed a salad. I used a leek instead of an onion and added a rib of chopped celery. Also, I couldn't find 8 oz cans of clams, so I used four 6.5 oz cans. It is a little on the thin side, but it has very nice flavor, especially on a cold, drizzly December evening when both husband and I ended up working late!