Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
A warm, sweet, and delicious spin on salsa. The seasonings are presently listed 'to taste' because you can just sprinkle the toppings generously or by preference and you really can't go wrong :) Serve alone warm, chill and serve the next day, serve alongside sour cream, or on top of cream cheese with crackers. I hope you enjoy!
- 15 fresh figs, fully intact with stems removed
- 2 medium sweet onions, quartered
- 2 (14 ounce) cans Rotel tomatoes & chilies, mild
- kosher salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- ground thyme, to taste
- rosemary, to taste
- dried mint, to taste
- garlic-infused olive oil or olive oil
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine the first 8 ingredients in a roasting pan or a large baking dish, drizzle with an adequate amount of oil (you want all the ingredients lightly covered). Gently mix by hand.
- Bake slowly for about an hour, or until everything starts to turn a deep golden color (your onions are your biggest clue).
- Spoon the contents into a processor or blender, add lemon juice and brown sugar. Chop, blend, or puree -- your choice :).