Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
An old Campbell's Soup recipe. It doesn't get much easier than this on nights when you are too tired to cook. Very economical as well. Throw this in the pan around about when the kids come home from school and let it simmer until supper time. Serve with noodles and baby carrots or peas on the side.
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 3 -4 lbs boneless beef roast
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 -2 fresh garlic clove, minced
- In a large heavy pan sprayed with nonstick spray, brown meat on all sides; drain fat.
- Add undiluted soup,onion, and garlic.
- Cover and cook over fairly low heat for about 3 hours or until fork tender, stirring occasionally.
- Skim off any fat you can before serving.
- If you like,serve meat with some of the sauce ladeled on top or you can make a gravy out of the pan juices by removing meat and adding a mixture of cornstarch& cold water that you have first whisked together- bring to a boil and cook until thickened to your liking.