Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I hate spending the time making those little round balls, so I came up with this method.
Make and share this Lazy Meatballs recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup onion soup mix
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Oxo beef cube, crumbled
- Mix all ingredients together well.
- Pat into a 1" high rectangle, about 7" by 11" in the centre of a sheet of foil.
- Transfer foil into a 9" by 13" pan.
- Cut through into 1" squares.
- Bake at 350F for 20 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and separate squares a little bit, using a spatula or long knife.
- Return to oven and bake another 10-15 minutes until cooked through.
- Drain and cool meatballs (or squares) and freeze on a cookie sheet. Package up when frozen and use in any recipe calling for meatballs. (I substitute them for the meat cubes in Oven Mushroom Stew, which I will also be posting today).
What a great idea! These little squares will work in all sorts of things with a little seasoning change - Thanks!