Recipe by Ms B.
When I was growing up, the local bakery made the best peanut cookies. One day, with a large tub of peanut butter cookie dough purchased from a school fundraiser on hand, I had the inspiration to recreate those goodies. These aren't exactly that cookie, but they are very good with a different texture than most peanut butter cookies and lots of chunky peanuts.
Top Review by Little Bee
DH just tore these up! He has been dietintg but still has a huge sweet tooth and I felt good about making these. Loved the convenienice of the pre-made cookie dough plus adding something healthy. A keeper!
- 16 1⁄2 ounces peanut butter cookie dough, refrigerated type
- 1 cup wheat flakes cereal, crushed
- 1 cup salted peanuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons unbleached cane sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Break up cookie dough in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in the crushed Wheaties cereal.
- Stir in the chopped peanuts.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls.
- Place sugar in separate small bowl.
- Dip balls in sugar.
- Place balls of cookie dough 2-3 inches apart on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Flatten balls of cookie dough with the bottom of a glass.
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes, until edges are browned.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Store in air-tight container.