1 hr 10 mins
Brad 007's Note:
My mom uses raw sweet potatoes and boils them. I just use the cans of sweet potatoes (yams on the can) to make mine... This recipe is so easy that even a caveman can do it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE
- 3 (40 ounce) cans sweet potatoes (drained) or 3 (40 ounce) cans yams (drained)
- 4 eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup milk or 1/4 cup cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (optional)
- 1Turn oven on to 350 degrees.
- 2For Casserole:.
- 3Put all ingredients into a large bowl and beat with a hand mixer until smooth.
- 4Pour into a greased 13x9 casserole dish and smooth out. Do not place in oven until you put topping on --
- 5For Topping.
- 6Pour all ingredients (except butter and pecans) into a bowl.
- 7Cut butter up into tablespoon sections and place into bowl.
- 8You can use a hand mixer, potato masher, or a fork to incorporate butter into the topping mixture. If using a hand mixer, be careful not to turn mixer on a high speed because the flour will fling out of the bowl and all over you and your kitchen -- :).
- 9Mix it up until butter crumbs are about pea sized. Rough chop the pecans if they are whole then put the pecans in and mix up by hand with a fork or spoon.
- 11Spread topping mixture over casserole and bake in a 350 degree oven for 40-50 minutes.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lazy Man's Simple Sweet Potato Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 536.6
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 89.5 mg
- Sodium 514.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 95.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 52.8 g
- Protein 6.4 g