Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
A simple sauce that can be used for anything and completely tweaked with according to taste. You can substitute all or some of the stock with drippings from the pan if you are making a turkey, roast, etc. Great over french fries!
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, melt the butter.
- Whisk in the cornstarch and continue to cook for one minute.
- Add the stock gradually, whisking the entire time to avoid lumps.
- Reduce heat and cook over medium until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Taste test and add seasonings according to personal taste. Salt, pepper and thyme are suggested seasonings.
Great way to control the sodium in gravy... I used 2 sodium free bouillon packets to 2 cups of water for broth... Thank You...
Very easy and simple. I used my own chicken stock and added some dried thyme. Can't wait to try with turkey drippings!
Easy to make taste is good. I made biscuits and gravy, and my family ate it up!