Recipe by zepharum
A simple sauce that can be used for anything and completely tweaked with according to taste. You can substitute all or some of the stock with drippings from the pan if you are making a turkey, roast, etc. Great over french fries!
Top Review by Jaize O.
The gravey came out excellent! I used Let's do organic corn startch, and added half of a beef bouillon cube to this recipe and it came out delicious! It's even got a great texture. Thank u
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups chicken stock (gluten free) or 2 cups beef stock (gluten free)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, melt the butter.
- Whisk in the cornstarch and continue to cook for one minute.
- Add the stock gradually, whisking the entire time to avoid lumps.
- Reduce heat and cook over medium until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Taste test and add seasonings according to personal taste. Salt, pepper and thyme are suggested seasonings.