Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
A simple sauce that can be used for anything and completely tweaked with according to taste. You can substitute all or some of the stock with drippings from the pan if you are making a turkey, roast, etc. Great over french fries!
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups chicken stock (gluten free) or 2 cups beef stock (gluten free)
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, melt the butter.
- Whisk in the cornstarch and continue to cook for one minute.
- Add the stock gradually, whisking the entire time to avoid lumps.
- Reduce heat and cook over medium until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Taste test and add seasonings according to personal taste. Salt, pepper and thyme are suggested seasonings.
I made this recipe using beef stock to go with a pot roast.It was not good at all.My son said that it tasted like dirt.
Great way to control the sodium in gravy... I used 2 sodium free bouillon packets to 2 cups of water for broth... Thank You...
Very easy and simple. I used my own chicken stock and added some dried thyme. Can't wait to try with turkey drippings!