Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This was a winner for a chili recipe contast that had over 25,000 entries. It is a recipe by Bart Edwards, Athens, OH. ENjoy!
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 (1 ounce) package ranch dip mix
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomatoes and green chilies, -drained (mild)
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with sweet onions
- 1 (12 ounce) can chili beans
- 1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 tablespoon tabasco brand pepper sauce
- Brown the ground beef in large pot.
- Drain the beef and return it to the pot.
- Add the ranch mix, taco seasoning, drained tomatoes and chilies, tomatoes with onions, drained chili beans, drained corn and Tabasco pepper sauce to the pot with the beef.
- Cover and cook on medium heat for 35 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove pot from heat and spoon into individual serving bowls.
- Add 1-2 oz of cheddar cheese and sour cream (optional).
This has been my family's favorite chili recipe for 3 years, since I found it in Marlboro's 50 Winning Chili Recipes Book. The ingredients are simple and I love that everything just gets dumped into one pot- doesn't get much easier than that, and it tastes fantastic with a cornbread muffin crumbled into it. Thanks for sharing this great recipe!